Wednesday 15 July 2015

Finally! Deodorants That Work!

This is a very personal topic for me, but I'm so amazed, I have to share this!
 Ever since I was a child I my parents and I have always struggled to find a deodorant that controls my problem perspiration, and the annoying odour that goes with it!

I remember when the problem first started. It was the beggining of a 6 week holiday, and suddenly my sisters started complaining (as every 10 and 13 year old would do) "Oh my God Natasha how do you still have friends!?"

This is quite funny to look back on now, but at the time, while it was grossing out my sisters, it had me, and my mum in a panic! I didn't want to be the smelly one at school!

Over the holiday we tried. Every. Single. Deodorant. Even mens!
We came to the conclusion that despite nothing really worked - I was to use a soap stick type antiperspirant and deodorant wipes. I suffered so bad, I had to take a spare t-shirt, and the deodorants with me so I could reapply after lunch. Then the same again after school.
This was my new routine for the next 12 years. It was a pain, but it the only solution we could find!

When I turned 20, I started looking into a chemical free lifestyle. I was intrigued at how many harmful chemicals that were in deodorants! So that was the first thing to go (thinking that now I'm an adult, I might not be so bad)
  For the first 3 weeks I was actually fine! Not much sweat, barely no odour. The bliss didn't last long...
Once those blissful few weeks had gone, I was noticing a bad problem. Perspiration like a dripping tap, and the not so good ol' body odour.

Urgh!!! When will this end!? Never... obviously..

So for the past 3 years, I have been searching for once again, a solution to my problem.

And I think I may have finally found one..Or 2.

The first year I had no luck. All natural deodorant just disn't work. It was hell. Embarrassing. The only thing I found at the time that helped, was the Pitrok wipes, but they were expensive.
The second year I was delighted to find Salts Of The Earth Spray, which although doesn't work great on my odour, it helps slow down my excessive perspiration.
 I was happy to carry on in a similar way to my old routine, only this time it was a natural, less harmful product.
This year, 6 months in, I discovered a new product at The Allergy and Free From Show in London. A deodorant named Fresh Kidz.

This deodorant does not slow down perspiration, however it does control odour.
When I saw this product, I immediately thought of my partner, because he doesn't use antiperspirant. This would be perfect for him!
He agreed to try it, and after a few, not so 'phewy' sniff tests (lovely)
I was pleasantly surprised with the result of this product,
so I thought I would try it myself in conjunction with my salt spray.
And you know what? It's the best deodorant combination I have found to date!

It's not the most pure of products I must admit, BUT it is a lot less harmful and reasonably priced products I can find that actually work.

The salt spray controls my perspiration. I use about 6 sprays, using my hairdryer to to dry the liquid on every 2 sprays. I then apply a small amount of the Fresh Kidz deo'

It's still not perfect, but it works better than my old regime, so I'm very happy! 
This combination works extremely well considering how problematic this, well, problem has been.
And if you have a similar problem, it might just help you too!

Both products are alcohol free, zero aluminium, Fragrance free, not tested on animals and are vegan friendly. Yay.

The salt spray is available in Holland and Barrett, whilst the Fresh Kidz is available at Boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment